Pilistvere church

Sulge

Missionary work began in Pilistvere in 1222, as a stone bearing this date can be found in the tower of the local church. First records of a priest date to 1234.

Current church, however, dates back to the third quarter of the XIII century, and it was built as a fortification church.

Later on, some reconstruction works have been made, perhaps the most significant addition was the great main tower.

Image sources: http://nagi.ee/photos/photo_sizes.php?id=4838439&size=l&album_id=81177